History

Founded in 1872 by ten forward thinking women at Syracuse University, Alpha Phi is now one of the oldest and largest women's fraternities in North America.  Alpha Phi's are members of a lifelong sisterhood, a women's fraternity.  Our keystone is friendship--warm, simple and sincere.  
 
In Alpha Phi, there is encouragement, there is understanding, and there are opportunities to grow.  With members all over the world and collegiate and alumnae chapters throughout the United States and Canada--our sisterhood knows no bounds.
 
On April 24,1954, the oldest sorority on campus became the last of the original six North Texas sororities to gain national affiliation, as Phi Sigma Alpha became the Gamma Eta Chapter of Alpha Phi.  On that afternoon, 36 collegiate members and 13 alumnae members were initiated.  The North Texas group became the 55th chapter of Alpha Phi.
ORGANIZATION LINKS